Are you thinking about staying in the UK after you graduate? Then why not start your own business?
Propeller are helping international entrepreneurs to apply for Start-up visas. If you are from outside the European Economic Area and are thinking of starting a business in the UK, UCLan can endorse recent graduates in their application to the Home Office for a 2-year Start-up visa.
In order to receive a Start-up visa, you need an endorsement by an authorised UK higher education institution or a business organisation with a history of supporting UK entrepreneurs. The University of Central Lancashire is one such institution.
The key eligibility criteria for endorsement is that applicants:
In order to be considered for endorsement, you must show that your business idea is new, innovative and has potential for growth. That’s where Propeller comes in! Our mentors can help you check the viability of your idea, create a business plan and make financial forecasts, as well as understanding your market.
- Be a UCLan student or graduate
- Not previously have established a business in the UK
- Not previously had 2 years’ leave to remain in the Start-up and Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) categories
- Be prepared to work in the business for the majority of their working time, though may take other employment
- Have a viable, innovative and scalable business proposition
- Establish their business within Lancashire
- Establish their business within 3 months of obtaining the Start-up visa
- The business should have the potential to employ the founder full-time after 1 year and at least 1 additional employee after 2 years
Getting help with your application
If you’re familiar with our workshop programme, you’ll have seen that we offer a course that covers this process from start to finish, but you don’t have to wait for the new term in order to take advantage. We’re still open over the summer, with our business mentors taking 1-1 appointments. They can take you through the paperwork too, making sure that your application stands the best chance of being endorsed.
Get in touch via email to find out more, or arrange an appointment over the phone on 01772 895950.