Your Journey with Propeller
- Propel yourself to success
- Big Idea
- Action Learning
- Action learning
- Hot desk
- Big Idea
- Money Matters
- Shout About it
- Your business & the law
- Rent a desk
- Specialist workshops
- Sector specific mentoring
- Legal and finance clinics
- Referral to other business support programmes
The U Start project, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, aims to assist graduates from the University of Central Lancashire and Lancaster University to start up their own businesses. People who benefit from the project are students enrolled with one of the Universities, staff at one of the Universities (including academic and non-academic staff), and alumni based within the region who have recently graduated.
The Propeller Team
A friendly and accessible service which is responsive to your needs. We want you to have an engaging and enriching experience, with Propeller.
Propeller is a multi-award winning service and a leader within the Higher Education sector, having being in existence for over 10 years. Our team of advisors boast a wide range of industry experience from ergonomics and product design to manufacturing and recruitment.
We have experience of working with business at all stages of development both in commercial and academic environments. Our high-quality student enterprise support has contributed to UCLan being shortlisted five times for the Times Higher Education “Entrepreneurial University of the Year ” award.
We contribute to the delivery of UCLan’s Corporate Strategy 2015-2020 by addressing the key strategic themes of;
- Student access
- Experience and Success
- Research and Innovation
- Social Engagement.
The Propeller team supports:
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurial mind-set development (online and face to face learning environments)
- Self-employment and business start up ranging from lifestyle, freelancing, consultancy and high-growth businesses and ideas
- High value enterprise projects working alongside local and regional services, community and wider businesses
- Early stage: Pre and post start business and social ventures (Up to two years after start of trading)
- Impactful academic activity (working with students and graduates) in relation to embedding enterprise, entrepreneurship, IP capitalization, leadership and employability both inside and outside the curriculum
- We work together in friendship and with respect
- We are helpers and enablers
- We work with integrity to a high standard of quality
- Creativity and Innovation is at the heart of what we do
- We try to be honest and open at all times
- We strive to maintain and develop a reputation for excellence
- We dedicate ourselves to supporting customers, colleagues and friends
- Lancashire Business Awards: Winner – Best Business Enabler of the Year 2015
- SFEDI: Runner Up – Enterprise/Training Support Organisation of the Year 2010